Sunday, July 6, 2014

I’m Setting A Standard In The Music Industry – Ruthex

Ruthex
Fast rising music sensation Ruthex otherwise known as “Daughter Peace” because of her love for unity, peace and good music, has just dropped a peace song that is intended to unite the country. She speaks with ANTHONY ADA ABRAHAM
A member of Grand Music Group (GMG), record label and a big figure in Nigerian Entertainment industry, Ruthex is coming up with a new single, Make we love.
According to the young act,whose real name is Ruth Emmanuel, the objective of the song Make we love is to encourage people to embrace peace, talk about peace, and learn to show love for one another irrespective of cultural and religious differences particularly in Nigeria
She said the new song is also to promote worldwide peace, cultural acceptance and understanding.
A multi-talented entertainer with good sense of humour, and additional skills like dancing, acting and poetry, Ruthex is a final year student of Kogi State University (KSU) studying English.
Ruthex is fresh in the game but not new in the music industry. She has worked with several known artists like Dekumzy, Knight Jimmy and is currently working on a song with Sammy Gyang.
When asked what she’s been up to, the petit lyrical act responded; “after the release of my Kpelenje single, I shot a video for the song. The video was shot in Lagos and directed by Dede Orji. But it didn’t turn out well, so I refused to release it. However, that didn’t stop me from focusing on my career because music is all I’ve always wanted to do. I, also released and produced a couple of songs in 2013,’ she explained.
Ruthex also had a near-death experience at the EMAB plaza bomb blast and she explained how it all occurred ‘Looking at what is happening in our country, I decided to do a peace song. It’s not like it’s the first peace song I’m composing, but it’s the first am releasing. All I want and which majority of us want is peace and that is what the song is preaching, peace and harmony. Though the song was composed and produced before the June 25 bomb blast in Banex, I was actually planing to release the song that same week. But for some personal reasons I deferred it to next week.
She added that “I was very close to the bomb scene, I went out for shopping at park and shop, when the bomb exploded, it almost threw me off my feet, the whole area was in a mess, I thought it was an earth quake, we later drove out of the complex with my friend, the scenario inspired me to release one of the songs I recorded, titled: Make we love.
For how long she has been doing what she knows best in the industry she said ‘Professionally, I’ve been in the industry for four years but I’ve been working underground before then.
The song Make we love was produced by T-stuff and she said that her future in the industry would be brighter and better than where she had gotten before.
“I see myself at the peak of my career. I see myself as a role model. A multi-talented super diva. Also, I see myself in the near future as an international and well respected artiste.’
When a puncher was thrown at her on what difference she thinks her song could make in changing the mindset of youths who now think fame must be gotten at all cost, she preemptively and scrupulously responded that “standard is what she wants to set.”
“I’m trying to set standard in the industry by preaching peace and unity through music unlike all other artistes that are strictly entertainers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: All comments are strictly users viewpoints and do not represent in anyway, the warri boy's views